Want to have a great weekend with your spouse?
Sometimes here at Thriving Marriages we post long, detailed content that dives into the deep waters of marital intimacy … and then sometimes we have posts like this for a great weekend with your spouse.
There are some keys to a healthy marriage that are simple. For instance, what is one thing you can do this weekend that makes your spouse feel loved. Notice I didn’t say “what’s one thing you enjoy doing for your spouse” but what do they love or need.
Here’s a list of ways you could have a great weekend with your spouse.
- Go on a surprise date
- Send flowers.
- Give or pay for a massage.
- How about some spontaneous sex?
- Give time away from the kids.
- Write a a heartfelt note.
- Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate!
- Make a favorite meal.
- Take the stress away with a foot rub–that doesn’t have to be asked for!
- Schedule a mani-pedi.
- Encourage them to hang out with a friend they haven’t seen lately.
- Turn off all the devices and give 30 minutes of uninterrupted conversation.
- Pray together .
- Do anything that makes your spouse feel alive, seen, and cared for.
Don’t overthink it, just intentionally love your spouse this weekend.